Saturday, December 18, 2010

Needle + Thread = Hand Sewn Wonder


I love hand sewing. Might seem odd if you know my personality; I am a fast-paced, always on the move, never sit down kind of girl. I do all things quickly, am very impatient and like to accomplish a lot. Hand sewing is the complete opposite; it is time consuming and requires patience.

On the other hand though hand sewing is relaxing and calming. It can be done almost anywhere with very few materials. Every day of the week I turn our tiled kitchen counter into my work space. It is the hub of the house, right in the middle of the action. I can easily watch the kids play, referee their spats, tend to dinner cooking (ok maybe not that one) and it is the perfect height for hand sewing. I position myself just right in the corner with my feet lined directly in front of the vent pumping out warm heat and away I go. Fabric flower pins, coffee cozies and a variety of gifts are created here.

Hand sewing is quite the wonder, give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment