Friday, January 28, 2011

A Colorful Valentine's

I absolutely love Valentine's Day! Well that could be an understatement. About five or six years ago I decided to unofficially yet officially switch my birthday to February 14th. Pink, candy, hearts, love I just can't get enough so why not make that my day every year!!!

In addition to Valentine's I love planning parties especially for kids. This year I am having a Valentine's Party for our weekly playgroup. Trexen and Paceler love all their friends in playgroup and I love the mamas. As planning began I quickly realized the boys would need a super cute, extra special valentine's card for each of their friends. Immediately I started surfing and found the cutest, no I mean most colorful one.

Here you go:

Have a Colorful Valentine's Day- thanks to The Long Thread

You will Need:
~Crayons
~Heart shaped muffin tin
~Oven

Step 1: Peel the paper off the crayons (easier said than done, this step took us forever)































Step 2: Break crayons into small pieces and put into muffin tin













Step 3: Place in preheated oven (250 degrees) for about 10 minutes or until the crayons melt

Step 4: Go to www.thelongthread.com and print the card, cut cards out










Step 5: Stick heart shaped crayon on the card, yeah super cute!!!





















Tips:
~Peel paper off crayons ahead of time- especially if you have little ones! My 1 year old wanted to eat the crayons and my 2 year old just broke them all in half.
~The darker colors really take over so use them sparingly.
~You can use a mini muffin pan for smaller crayons.

2 comments:

  1. So Cute! I love these! Love the new look to Poplin too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...those are GREAT!!! The kids will LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete