Friday, February 4, 2011

Love Is...

Every year I anticipate February just like kids look forward to Christmas morning. For me, February looks like pink, it is filled with sweets, treats and love. For many this second month of the year is just another cold month that seems to drag on forever even though it's the shortest but not in my house. I adore this second month; planning parties, making catching little cards and homemade gifts.

This year to help us celebrate the month of love I created a "love door". No matter what is going on, where you are in life, how little you have or how much you want there is always something to love. Whether it be the glorious blue and yellow building nestled near the highway that I drive over 2 hours to get to (aka Ikea), the Internet (another one of my favs) or the fact that I am married to my best friend there is plenty to Love. Our "love door" is in the middle of the house, we pass it constantly reminding us over and over how much we have to love.

To create your own "love door" follow these easy steps:

1) Die cut letters from card stock spelling "I Love...". (I used a Cricut) If you do not have a die cut machine you can print letters off the computer and cut out with scissors.













2) Attach the letters to your chosen door (a wall, the refrigerator or window can work too). I just used every day scotch tape.













3) Write down things you love on post-it notes, stickers or pieces of paper with tape on the back. It can be anything you love, small, big, deep or funny.










Everytime you pass this door be thankful. We have a lot to love!

No comments:

Post a Comment