Monday, February 21, 2011

Sneak Peek... Vintage Toy Baby Shower

Parties are in my blood, I love planning and preparing for big celebrations. The theme, decor, menu and favors all get me jazzed. One of my best friends is due with her second baby boy...what a wonderful time to celebrate!

My first order of business when planning a party is the theme. A definitive theme inspires all the rest. For the baby shower I wanted something unique yet with a sense of tradition. My friend tends to lean towards tradition and more muted colors so extremely bright and wild wouldn't fit. During my research I came across a Vintage Toy Baby Shower- PERFECT!










There are lots of websites I surf for inspiration, gather pictures and then make it my own. A few of my favs:
~Kara's Party Ideas
~Party Love
~Hostess with the Mostess

Once I had the theme I purchased editable invites
and started working on games. One of the games is "Vintage Toy Trivia", I came up with the idea and created questions all with the help of Google.

Sample Questions:
How many wagons did Radio Flyer continue to produce every day during the Great Depression?
a. 500
b. 1,000,000
c. 100
d. 1,500

Another name for the slinky is…
a. The Worm
b. Stair Walker
c. Lazy Spring
d. Wiggles

My mother-in-law thankfully loves antiques and vintage treasures so much of the decor come from her. Some simple fabric flags, a trip to a quaint little candy shop and finalizing the menu topped the weekend. Just a few last minutes projects and the Vintage Toy Baby Shower will be all set!











Oh ya, I am also stocking my etsy shop with baby items in case anyone needs a shower gift!

1 comment:

  1. very sweet blog! Glad to find you! Thanks for your support!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete